Improve your SG and network with peers amid the beautiful skyline of Tinsel Town and the home of Hollywood.
Arrive early or extend your stay to experience Los Angeles, the entertainment capitol of the world. Check out the golden sands of the Pacific coastline, the designer labels on Rodeo Drive, or one of the city’s renowned museums. Relive Hollywood history by placing your hands in the celebrity handprints in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. Enjoy a world-class meal (where you might spot a current star or two), see a show, or catch a Lakers game at the Staples Center.
Download a flier about the LA conference
Download the ASGA conferences brochure
Any SG leader from any school, no matter what state you’re from, is welcome to attend!
The Los Angeles Student Government Training Conference features:
- Twenty intensive workshops and roundtables designed to address the specific needs of your Student Government
- Workshops for all levels of Student Governments: very evolved and strong SGs, new SGs just starting out, and SGs trying to improve
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers, all of whom are former SG leaders/advisors themselves
- Workshops and presentations that directly apply to SG advisors and administrators
- Private consulting by appointment
- Extra built-in time to network and brainstorm with other SG leaders and advisors attending the conference
- Plenty of free-time to experience all that LA has to offer
- Personal attention from ASGA’s passionate and personable presenters who have devoted their lives to serving and supporting Student Governments
What is the date?
The conference will be held on (TBA).
What is the conference location?
The conference will be held at Otis College of Art & Design, 9045 Lincoln Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
The conference is located in the Academic Building.
Attendees can enter the parking lot on La Tijera Blvd., as shown on the right side of the Goldsmith Campus Map. The parking lot is open and accessible to all. Exiting through the parking lot’s ground floor will lead you to the outside of Ahmanson Hall, the campus’ main building with all the rectangular windows. Walking straight along the path after exiting the parking lot, attendees will pass the triangular grass area (called the Commons) and shortly after, attendees will be able to find the Academic Building where the conference is located.
The official conference hotel, Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, is about 2.2 miles from the Otis campus.
Text ASGA at conference ONLY: 352-258-4604
What is the cost?
As low as $239 per person for ASGA members ($100 off!) and $339 for non-members (Register by (TBA) for these Super Early Bird rates). The earlier you Register, the lower the cost! Register six or more and save.
Download the Money Saving Tips flier
What will be the total attendance?
The Los Angeles Student Government Training Conference is one of the largest Student Government conferences in America each year. Last year, more than 200 student leaders and advisors from 30 institutions in 15 states attended.
What’s included in the registration fee?
- Admission to all workshops, roundtables, and presentations
- Extensive hand-outs
- Free lunch: A boxed lunch on Saturday (choice of sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, drink)
- Free continental breakfast: A light continental breakfast on Saturday (coffee/tea, juice, and a selection of bagels, muffins, and fruit)
- Free afternoon snacks: cookies and drinks
- Free private consulting on Sunday morning (one-hour blocks valued at $499 are very limited, so sign up early on the conference registration form)
- An “ASGA Conferences Rock!” T-shirt for each delegate from Clothowear.com (valued at $15 each)
- Los Angeles Student Government Training Conference folder, ASGA notepad, ASGA pen
- A 10% discount on ASGA membership for non-members who join within 10 days of the conference
- Discounts on ASGA Store items (leadership books, DVDs, CDs, and more) purchased at the conference
- 35% discount on on-campus SG consultations booked at the conference
- Excellent personal service and attention from the ASGA team